If you love movies, the performing arts and great people, the Rosendale Theatre is the place to be. We offer job opportunities in a truly fun environment. Your perfect role is waiting for you!
Managing Director Job Announcement –
Rosendale Theatre Collective, a 501c3 organization
Managing Director – Job Description
Compensation: up to $55,500 commensurate with experience
Hours: 40-hour work week, includes evenings and weekends
The Rosendale Theatre Collective (RTC) is a 200-seat historical venue in NY’s mid-Hudson Valley. As one of the few surviving independently run arthouse theatres in New York state, RTC meets the growing need for accessible arts in the greater Ulster County area with a year-round calendar of entertainment that includes innovative film series, theatrical productions, and popular films.
RTC has an immediate, full-time opening for an experienced Managing Director (MD). The MD role is responsible for the leadership and administrative management of RTC (theatre productions, co-productions, community partnerships, stakeholders, and patrons). The MD is expected to perform in a fast-paced environment with limited resources as they deftly guide our BOD, staff, and diverse pool of volunteers to new levels of engagement.
MD duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Board of Directors with long range strategic and annual planning
- Hiring and management of staff
- Goal setting
- Developing the annual budget
- Grants management
- Engagement: Administering and supporting community programs and rentals
- Fundraising: Cultivation and donor development
- Building and managing a robust volunteer corps and committees
- Representing and advocating on behalf of RTC with patrons, government agencies, insurance companies, community and local business groups and arts organizations
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, stamina, and passion
- Is a superb communicator, team leader as well as a talented administrator
- Intuitively motivates and inspires a culture of purpose
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal leadership and communications (written and oral) skills
- Possesses strong administrative, budgeting and financial management acumen
- Experienced in a non-profit arts management/leadership, fundraising, grant writing and organizational growth
- Has experience in marketing, advertising, and public relations activities, including driving growth with ticket sales, venue rentals and associated revenue
The Managing Director reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors with accountability to the full Board. The MD plays an integral role in the development and execution of the organization’s day-to-day administrative activities, including:
- Administration: The MD hires, sets goals and supervises all staff, recruiting volunteers and providing training as needed
- Operations: The MD ensures the seamless delivery of venue programming and services, exercises responsible stewardship of all resources within the organization maintaining optimum balance of artistic quality, financial strength, and institutional integrity.
- Financial Management: The MD reviews financial results and works with the Board to support programmatic and institutional priorities of the organization.
- Audience Development/Earned Income: The MD works with staff to plan and implement patron experience. Such activities require the development and execution of marketing strategies, public relations, and promotional events for series and single ticket campaigns, as well as seasonal, production and program sponsorships.
- Fundraising: The MD works with the Board and Staff strategizing and participating in fundraising activities directly benefiting the theatre.
- Planning: The MD works with the Board and Staff to create and execute marketing and financial strategies that will sustain the fiscal and operational health of RTC.
- Advocate/Ambassador: The MD helps to advance the relationship between the RTC and various local and regional organizations, including patrons, government agencies, advocacy groups, community and local business groups, and arts organizations.
- The MD is the public face of RTC and should be comfortable speaking to private and public groups, organizations and the press.
- The MD is expected to analyze and report when micro, macro and meta shifts in audience priorities and behaviors affect RTC’s box office.
- The MD can distinguish operational data from strategic data, creatively develop sources of information, and increase RTC’s staff’s flexibility and responsiveness.
- The MD can manage change without compromising quality or effectiveness.
Interested candidates should apply by email with a cover letter and resume along with three employment references. Deadline for applications is August 31, 2023. Hiring Date: September 15, 2023. Email applications to: email@example.com