Thursday, June 4, 4:00 pm
Are you obsessed with Harry Potter?
Do you wish there were others around to share your obsession?
Then join the Rosendale Theater Cinemaniacs for a Harry Potter ZOOM Extravaganza on June 4th!
What is Cinemaniacs, you ask (I hope)? Only the latest teen task force of the Rosendale Theatre, bringing you events and programs made by us local youths. All teens are invited to join (yes, even you! And him! Not that guy, though).
What’s with June 4th?
In 1992, June 4 is the day Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger follow Quirinus Quirrell through the trapdoor in the Forbidden Corridor, which leads them into a series of Underground Chambers with obstacles to get to the Philosopher’s Stone.
It’s their first battle! Memories…
Teens will meet up via ZOOM to revisit some classic Harry Potter moments, play trivia and discuss all things Harry Potter. Costumes are optional, but there will be a costume contest with some Rosendale Theatre merchandise as a prize!
If you wish to join in the festivities, this event will take place on ZOOM:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 366 541 3252
Teen organizers Django, Maitreya, Orion, Max, and Zane will be hosting.
Cinemaniacs Advisors Carrie Wykoff, and Marcia Kline will be participating as chaperones.
Harry Potter Day will take place on Thursday June 4th, at 4:00 PM, ON zoom.
Cinemaniacs-The Rosendale Theatre’s Teen Task Force Launches a Logo Contest
The Rosendale Theater Collective’s Teen Task Force and Film Series—has launched a logo contest and is looking for creative middle and high school students in the mid-Hudson Valley to submit their own designs by June 24th. Prizes for the winning logo include:
- Dinner for 6 at Antionio’s Pizzeria in Rosendale
- One Year Subscription to The Criterion Channel “A Filmlovers’ Dream”- a streaming library of more than thousands important classics and contemporary films (Value $100)
- Rosendale Theater sweatshirt and water bottle
“There is so much amazing, creative talent in the Hudson Valley’s middle and high schools. The design of the Cinemaniacs’ logo will help crystallize our brand identity as it will be used in all of Cinemaniac’s marketing communications. This includes theater trailers, social media, advertising, newsletters, and scheduling. The contest represents a unique opportunity for a talented young artist to showcase their work and build their creative portfolio” said Marcia Kline, co-chair of the Cinemaniacs.
Guidelines for Cinemanicas Logo Contest Submission include:
- You must use an original image (no clip art, please).
- Image should include two versions of the following information: 1) Cinemaniacs 2) Cinemaniacs, The Teen Film Series
- Include colors. A maximum of four colors may be used in the design INCLUDING BLACK AND WHITE! You can use one color as a background. Solid colors only; no water color, gradients or airbrush, please.
- Image must reproduce well in small sizes. Lettering must be identifiable and easy to read.
- All entries, images and artwork become exclusive property of The Rosendale Theatre, a Non-Profit Corporation.
Entry Submission by June 24, 2020
Entries can be submitted electronically via email to: Marcia_Kline@widernet.info
About Cinemaniacs- Are an enthusiastic, film-loving Teen Task Force of the Rosendale Theater, who meet virtually during the pandemic and are working toward the theater’s reopening. The Cinemaniacs Task Force and Teen Film Series, sponsored by Stewart’s Shops chooses films, learns about film distribution, movie marketing and promotions and host themed gatherings on Zoom and after the movies. Any teen between the ages of 13-18 is invited to become a member of the Cinemaniacs Task Force.